What makes Rangi Ruru Preschool special…
Rangi Ruru Preschool is fortunate to be part of the Rangi Ruru Girls’ School community and this provides your child with a unique learning opportunity. There are many reasons that make our community-based centre special, but here are some of the key differences between our centre and what your child might be offered elsewhere:
- Your child has the full resourcing of the school available to them. This means that your child’s special interests and skills can be explored and extended through interactions with the school faculty, senior students, technologies, equipment and school events.
- As a not for profit, community-based centre, our funding and attendance fees stay within the centre and directly contribute to your child’s learning… not to the finances of shareholders or a private individual as with many other centres.
- As a small centre we offer individualised care and education directed to your family’s needs. NZ and International research points to smaller centres having better health and academic outcomes for children.
- We focus on the development of elaborate play which is a rich foundation of future mental health, confidence when learning new information, problem-solving, relating to peers, and using imagination to make sense of the world.
- Our centre, unlike many others, employs only fully registered and qualified early childhood teachers. Our teaching team is not made up of unqualified or casual staff.
- We offer the 20 hours ECE scheme the way that the Government intended it to be used – NO hidden fees and no unnecessary ‘terms and conditions’ in order to use the hours.
- We make the most of our local environment, heading out for regular walks into Hagley Park, Canterbury Museum and surrounding areas.
- For those children who have family members in the school, there are numerous opportunities to connect with them during the week at school events and visits during break times.
We are extremely proud of what we offer here, at Rangi Ruru. We are extremely confident that the programme our team offers children and families prioritises establishing strong respectful relationships which in turn lead to amazing learning outcomes for your child.
We have also recently extended our opening hour to 8 am – 5 pm.
We currently have spaces available.
Come in and see us, we’d love your pre-schooler to join the Rangi Ruru family too.